Thursday, July 17, 2008

No pictures...

I think I already hate Blogger! This my second attempt at this post. Actually probably third or fourth because initially it wouldn't let me post at all so I had to publish a blank and go back and edit it. Then I tried to add pictures, but it only added them at the top and would let me fix the words.

So I try again.

Sorry for not getting pictures out earlier, I need to get my Flickr account back in order, but apparently I don't remember my login or password. Yup, probably need to work on that.

So, here are a couple recent projects I've done ...
A baby quilt for a friend ...



















and a pieced back because I love pieced backs



















They're expecting a little girl, but I didn't want it to be INYOURFACEPINK, so it doesn't actually have any pink in it at all :) This is the first quilt that I actually quilted, bound and finished, though it's not my first top. My first top is what I'm currently binding and it's taking forever because it's huge.


The quilt was well received, but I wasn't entirely thrilled with it. I had a couple inner block seams pop when it was washed and had to blind stitch them shut and I tried to quilt it on my machine, which didn't go so well. But I did learn a lot. I just hope it holds together ....

I've since done another baby quilt top from a charm pack - Tiddlywinks from Moda in a disappearing 9 patch



















This one doesn't exactly have a person in mind, but I wanted to sew and I'm at that age where a lot of my friends are starting to have kids, so it doesn't hurt to have one banked for emergencies, right?


Finally, I want to introduce my assistant. She inspects all fabric, quilts and other projects. She demands love and ice cream and is responsible for general mischief around the apartment ...

Zoƫ Belle



















































Well, I think that's enough for now. I have a few more pics to upload, but I think I'll save those for after the weekend. I'm ducking out of work early tomorrow and heading off to visit one of my girlfriends from college for the weekend. Her DH wants to go to the zoo, so we'll be doing that on Saturday and then she wants to pick out fabric for her first quilt! Should be good times all around.


A big hello to Stephanie http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/ and Claire http://quiltygal.blogspot.com/- thanks for being my first visitors!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh love how that disappearing nine patch turned out...very cute...enjoy your weekend & the zoo..zoe bella looks a darling my dog Jack inspects all my quilts I think he expects to get them all he has pulled one down from the top of the chair where I had it folded while quilting it & made a bed in it even though he had 3 quilts in the room to choose from!!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts look great, and very gender-free, colourwise!
    Im new to the whole blog thing too, and can assure you the pics etc get easier. Well done for helping others start their quilting lives, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you FINALLY got you post on your blog as your quilts are so lovely. Your little "helper" looks cute too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland, Abby. I am a fellow Michigander and quilter. I see you are also doing the bag swap. Hope you get Blogger to work for you; maybe you could get your assistant to give you a paw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do hope you keep posting, your work is so beautiful! I've not really done much quilting but I adore sewing!

    Loopy Lou, your bag swap pal!

    ReplyDelete