In an effort to find something to district me from the crumbling shambles of the life I thought I knew, I've decided to participate in Measi's WIPocalypse. I picked cross stitch back up over Thanksgiving after discovering the Disney Dreams Beauty & The Beast kit. I started cross stitching small things when I was 7 or 8, and while thankfully most of those projects eventually found their way to the dump, I have a few leftover items that either need to be turned into something useable or completed or kits that have sat there for 15-20 years. Guess I'll use this as a means to get those all taken care of and moved along.
I took pictures yesterday of the various projects, but will get them up some time this week. It's amazing that such a small thing is taking such effort for me right now, but I'm finding it really hard to accomplish much of anything at the moment. But I'll get there....
List in no particular order:
1. Disney Dreams: Beauty & the Beast Falling in Love - WIP
2. Frank Lloyd Wright Stained Glass Window - WIP
3. Tinkerbell Sketch - stitched, just needs finishing
4. My Tartan Clan Dancer - wanting to adjust this pattern to update the costume styling and reverse it so I can do two that will face each other, one in the tartan I danced in when I was younger, and one to match the tartan I wear now
5. Tartan Thistle Needlebook: stitched, just needs finishing
6. Thistle bookmark & 6 small highland dancers - all stitched, just need to finish them as ornaments or framed items or something
7. 5 mini-kits of Scottish elements - stitch and put into small frames or one lenticular frame with multiple slots
8. Lizzie Kate Halloween ABCs - this will arrive this week and I hope to start, finish and frame it before Halloween 2012
I really just want to clear out all of these old projects. Most of my craft stash is fabric and quilting related and I have several quilts in various stages that I need to complete this year as well. But I am hoping to move in September and would like to decrease the overall amount of stuff I have just sitting around.